CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME
Pop into the shop, have a coffee, talk about what you need from the Bike to Work scheme. We have expert staff on hand, who are all experienced cyclists.
Read below for some information on the scheme…
This scheme encourages you to cycle to and from work. Under the scheme your employer can buy a bicycle and safety equipment for you. This benefit will not be taxable.
There are three limits, depending on the type of bicycle purchased.
- €3,000 on cargo and ecargo bikes
- €1.500 on pedelecs and ebikes
- €1,250 for other bikes.
The above limits include related safety equipment.
Prior to 1 August 2020 the limit for all bicycles and safety equipment was €1,000.
From 1 August 2020 to 31 December 2022 the limit for cargo and ecargo bikes was €1,250 and €1,500 respectively.
What bicycles and equipment are included?
New bicycles and pedelecs (electrically assisted bicycles which require some effort from the cyclist).
Cargo and ecargo bicycles with a frame specially designed to carry heavy loads or passengers.
The scheme does not cover:
- motorbikes, scooters or mopeds
- second-hand bicycles or equipment
- bicycle parts or associated equipment.
The following new safety equipment, if purchased with the bicycle, are also covered:
- cycle helmets
- bells and bulb horns
- lights, including dynamo packs
- mirrors and mudguards
- cycle clips and dress guards
- panniers, luggage carriers and straps
- locks and chains
- pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tyre sealant
- reflective clothing, white front reflectors and spoke reflectors.
Child seats, helmets and trailers are not included.
The Cycle to Work Scheme is a tax incentive scheme which aims to encourage employees to cycle to and from work. Under the scheme employers can pay for bicycles and bicycle equipment for their employees and the employee pays back through a salary sacrifice arrangement of up to 12 months. The employee is not liable for tax, PRSI or the Universal Social Charge on their repayments.
Using the Bike to Work scheme, your employer can help you obtain a brand new bike and safety equipment worth up to €1,250 for a regular bike, and up to €1,500 for an electric bike. You can use a salary sacrifice arrangement to save up to 51% of the retail price of bike and equipment.
- €1,250 for a Regular Bike & Equipment
- €1,500 for an Electric Bike & Equipment.
- Sacrifice monthly payment arrangement through your employer.
- Save up to 51% of the retail price of bike and equipment.
- Employer savings as well.
- Long term personal savings on commuting cost.
- Your employer does not have to take part in the scheme. However if they do, they must offer it to all their employees.
To help choose a bike, take a look at our Range of Bike Offered.
Contact Us at +353(0)44-933-5351 for more information.